Sizing in women's apparel is very challenging, we truly get it. The extensive information below is intended to give you as much guidance as possible so that you can find what works best for you in our Dovetail work pants.
- The left column is Dovetail Workwear sizing and correlates with a standard American female size grade.
- The right column is a general size guide for additional comparison.
- Kate, our founder, is our fit model. She's 5'7" tall and has a 27” waist and a 38” hip. Her inseam is 30”. She weighs 132 pounds.
- She wears a size 6 in the Maven Slim Black Denim and a size 4 in the Maven Slim Power Stretch Denim. She sizes down on the Maven Slim Power Stretch Denim because of its flexible nature and construction.
- At this time, we do not put specific body measurements on our size chart because, honestly, we have found that they confuse people more and the pants sizing can be different depending on which fabric you choose (see bullet above).
- When you try on your pants in any style for the first time, there should be no gapping in the back of the waistband nor extra fabric around/below the crotch. They should fit like they just came out of a hot dryer and feel fitted in the waist and hips. When sized right, the fabric will conform to your body over time, but not bag out like some fashion stretch jeans do.
- Because our denim and other fabrics are premium, they do not lose shape over time. Our stretch fabrics mold to the body due to very high shape memory (proven through lab testing).
- If you need help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We live to advise on appropriate sizes and fabrics and are here for you!
- We are thrilled that various national retailers have started carrying Dovetail. See our Where To Buy page for our current store locations.