The F word. Uggh. We know it's painful. We would love nothing more than to offer a magic formula so the ladies of the world could fit clothing with some shred of reliability. In the absence of any golden rule, however, we CAN tell you how fit works for our Dovetail pant products.
First, please see our Size Guide page:
- NOTE: Some women SIZE DOWN in the Maven Slim Indigo Power Stretch denim fabric due to the unique four-way stretch nature of this particular denim. Also, many women SIZE UP in our stretch canvas fabric pants.
- If you need help, email us at email@example.com. We love to advise on appropriate sizes and fabrics and are here for you!
- Kate, our founder, is our fit model and seen in many of website product images. She's 5'7" tall and has a 27” waist and a 38” hip. Her inseam is 30”. She weighs 132 pounds.
- She wears a size 6 in the Maven Slim Black Stretch Denim and a size 4 in the Maven Slim Indigo Power Stretch Denim. She sizes down on the Maven Slim Power Stretch Denim because of its flexible nature and construction. She chooses the 32" inseam cuz she likes to rock a good cuff.
- When you try on your Dovetail Workwear pants in any style for the first time, there should be no gapping in the back of the waistband nor extra fabric around/below the crotch. They should fit like they just came out of a hot dryer and feel fitted in the waist and hips. When sized right, the fabric will conform to your body over time, but not bag out like some fashion stretch jeans do.
- Because Dovetail Workwear denim and other fabrics are premium, they do not lose shape over time. Our stretch fabrics mold to the body due to very high shape memory (proven through lab testing).
Where can I try on Dovetail products?
We are thrilled that various local and national retailers have started carrying Dovetail. See our Where To Buy page for our current store locations.
How do other Dovetail products fit?
Knit Tops, Hoodies, Tshirts—all of our shirt patterns are intentionally cut and sized with the feminine form in mind. We ensure that your mid-section is well covered even while bending and moving.
Reversible Beanie—a moderate fit accommodating most head sizes, with intentionally unisex sizing and styling. (We just have to add that the feel of the Merino wool is DREAMY. And no itchiness!)
Double-pronged Belts—these come in 2 sizes and are meant to accommodate varied (or changing:) waistlines due to their continuous hole pattern. Also unisex.
Gloves--Designed with a woman's hand in mind, big or small. Comes in sizes XS-L. With 4-way stretch.
What if you discover that your size is out of stock?
We sincerely apologize. It's exciting that our products sell so quickly, but we want every woman to get what she wants!!
If your size is out, please consider putting your name and info on our backorder list which you'll see on each of our product pages if something is sold out. Your email address will be put on a priority list and you will be notified first when more products become available again.
Our products sell-out rapidly in certain sizes (particularly in pants). To solve for this, we "pre-sale" select Dovetail products from time to time. With a pre-sale, you pay for your item(s) in advance of production, guaranteeing that you will get exactly what you want before it sells out.
When will Dovetail Workwear offer extended pant sizes? Spring 2019! Woot Woot!!!
All of our pant products are from size 000-18 in four inseams: 28", 30", 32", & 34". But more good things coming! We are very excited to announce that this February 2019 we will have plus sizing available up to size 24 in every style (select fabrications) of our pants. And certain tops will also soon go up to size 2XL. Thanks for your patience til then.
What are your sourcing and manufacturing practices and where are your clothes sewn?
Dovetail Workwear values strong, sustainable relationships with our manufacturers. We're sourcing denim from Cone Denim Oeko-Tex certified facilities. We sew our pants in Merida, Mexico. Our denim sewing factory was intentionally chosen for its state-of-the-art water treatment facility as well as the fact that it is a gold-standard facility regarding labor, environmental, and community practices. It is run by a female-led management team. All of our supply and manufacturing partners have been selected with exacting standards for artisan craftsmanship and quality, ethical practices
What is Dovetail Workwear's exchange and return policy?
Please see our Exchanges & Returns Policy page.
What is your shipping policy?
Our shipping rates are:
|Weight||Price||Typical shipment for weight|
|1-3lb||$7.95||Pair of pants or overalls, a top|
|3+||$11.95||Multiple pairs of pants or tops|
- Exchanges: Free shipping both ways. Please note that we do not cover return shipping fees for international exchanges.
- Returns: Shipping will be deducted out of refund for both domestic and international orders.
- Shipping times are usually pretty quick for domestic orders (3-5 days). International times depend on specific geographical and logistical conditions.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes! We are happy to ship internationally via USPS. Taxes and duties are the responsibility of the recipient. Rates and times are location specific, depending address and weight. If you are not in the States and are interested in ordering from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you out.
How do I wash my indigo Dovetail Workwear products?
Please note that for environmental reasons, we choose not to set our dyes with chemicals or repeat wash our fabrics (they just have one wash during manufacturing to avoid shrinkage issues).
If you are a dry waller or work around dry wall, we have had people report that they indigo dye can rub off within the first few weeks or months. The more you wash them, the less this is a problem, but please be careful in these situations as the indigo may transfer.
Do you have things you want to tell us?
Do you want to suggest new ideas, key features, your hopes and dreams? Our ears are always on and we are listening. Email us your thoughts at email@example.com And if you want to know the latest updates in terms of product development and other interesting tidbits, please subscribe on our website to receive our bi-monthly subscriber newsletter. This comes with lots of perks, fun news, great content and insider deals – try us!